Freight Forwarding & Customs Clearance
A vessel may require much more than simple ship agency services when in port. The need often arises for husbandry services, which can sometimes mean the involvement of a different agent to that which is handling the port call. Sayusan Shipping can avoid that by providing professional husbandry services at ports and terminals around Batam Island. These services include:
- Dry-docking and Repairs (including afloat repairs offshore).
- Bunkering (offshore or inside harbour).
- Crew changes offshore including embarkation / disembarkation technicians, class surveyors, repair teams, Supts.
- Medical assistance offshore.
- Loading stores / spares / provisions / luboils / BA charts / Cash to Master any currency (offshore).
- Supply of fresh water by barge offshore.
- Change of vsl Ownership/Flag.
- Discharging of Slops & Tank cleaning at Batam’s slop reception facilities.
- Passenger vsls calls including island excursions.
- Storage and/or load/discharging all types of fual oils / gasoils / MTBE / chemicals at local Oil Terminals.
- Ship to Ship (STS) transfer of any type of crude/fuel/gas oils Offshore wherein Batam fenders and surveyors all available.
Owner's Protective Agency (OPA) Services
Vessel owners and operators may sometimes need to appoint a preferred agent to supervise the charterers’ agency function and monitor port call operations.
Sayusan Shipping offers a scalable service to owners & operators ranging from provision of a simple independent report, to full involvement in expediting a port call, including the following:
- Checking proforma D/A submitted by the head agent for compliance with applicable tariffs
- Receipt of owners’ funds and payment to head agents
- Reporting the vessel/cargo status, as required
- Checking cargo documents/SOF/ time sheets for correctness, notifying owner if not, and issuing letters of protest
- Signing Bills of Lading